Rundemanen at 568 meters is the second highest of the seven mountains.
The mountain is easy recognizable because of the 106 meter high mast at the top. Rundemanen is part of the same mountain range as Ulriken and Fløyen. From the top you will have a nice view of Ulriken, the Vidden mountain plateau and the islands west of Bergen. Rundemanen is considered an easy hike by many and is estimated to take about 3-4 hours to hike round-trip. If walking from the city centre, it may take another hour or so. Read more about hiking Rundemanen here.
How to get there
- The most common route is to begin the hike to Rundemanen from the top of Fløyen. First, hike up one of the trails to Fløyen and from there, you will hike past Brushytten (literally, "Soda Cabin"). Then take the left-hand trail on to Rundemanen (see the "Rundemanen from the top of Fløyen" route map below).
- Many people start this hike from the city centre. You can search for the best transit options to Bergen Sentrum (city centre) on the Skyss Travel Planner or check out our transportation guide.
- Alternatively, you can take the Fløibane up Fløyen to reduce the total hiking time and distance.
- Check this link for a route to Rundemanen from the top of Fløyen, 7 km.
- You can also reach the top from Sandviksfjellet (for example with this roundtrip via Stoltzekleiven), 13.6 km.
- Or you can reach it from Ulriken over Vidden (here's a possible route for that), 16.4 km.
- You can check UT.no's interactive map to search for more routes to Rundemanen. In order to limit searches to hiking trips, select "fotturer" only. You will also have to zoom in on Bergen in order to search for options.
Please be familiar with safe hiking practices while in Norway. If you are new to hiking, make sure to go with experienced hikers or join an a group that offers experienced tour leaders, such as BSI. For more information about hikes in the Bergen area, you may also wish to explore the Hiking around Bergen, Norway Facebook page.