Western Norway University of Applied Sciences
Western Norway University of Applied Sciences (HVL) offers high quality study programmes in the fields of engineering, business, education, health and social work at Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD levels.
Western Norway University of Applied Sciences (HVL) is one of the largest higher education institutions in Norway. HVL was formed through a merger between Bergen University College, Sogn og Fjordane University College and Stord/Haugesund University College on January 1 2017, and there are 5 campus spread across Western Norway.
Some of the courses are in English - most of them integrated in the regular study programmes for Norwegian students. They are aimed at exchange students from the many partner institutions around the world.
Number of Students:
HVL offers the following Master’s degree programmes taught in English:
- Master in Climate Change Management, Campus Sogndal
- Master in Software Engineering, Campus Bergen
- Master in Fire Safety, Campus Haugesund
HVL offers the following PhD programmes:
- Bildung and Pedagogical Practices
- Computer Science: Software Engineering, Sensor Networks and Engineering Computing
- Nautical Operations
In addition, the following PhD programmes are under development:
- PhD in Health and Social Sciences
- Innovation practices from a professional and societal perspective